Greens Brownie Doughnuts (Donuts)
Donut underestimate the plant power you will find in these sweet treats! Dark chocolate in moderation is a great way to boost your magnesium intake and cacao is full of antioxidants and loads of potassium, not to mention the sneaky serves of veggies you'll have from the icing mixed with our greens powder!
Come Bake with us...
1 cup of organic flour or almond flour
1/2 cup of cacao
1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
1/2 cup of coconut sugar or raw sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 cup plant-based milk
1 teaspoon of olive or coconut oil
1/3 cup of melted vegan butter or coconut butter
Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together removing all the lumps ,
- Add the wet ingredients (oil, melted butter and milk, melted dark chocolate ) and whisk until smooth.
- Grease the donut tray with oil.
- Pipe the mixture into the doughnut moulds until it reaches the top of the donut whole.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes.
- Go around the edges with a butter knife and once the donuts are cooled, flip carefully onto a cooling tray.
Greens icing ingredients
3 tsp Coconut Greens powder
1/2 cup whipped coconut cream
2 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
Mix together well and then glaze the doughnuts with the greens icing, allow frosting to firm up and enjoy!
Comfort food is waiting for you!