// So Minty 👌🏼 CG’S Mint & Cookie Ice-cream 💚//
Want to get your hands on our latest mouth watering ice cream 🍦 this sweet treat is not only easy to whip up but is a hit with those fussy eaters (packed full of veggies) ✅
500g dairy free whipping cream, or thick coconut cream, chilled
320 g dairy-free sweetened condensed milk, soy, coconut or oat
3 teaspoons peppermint extract, or 1 cup (30g) fresh mint leaves, to taste pulsed with water to crate a runny syrup
3 cup (30g) fresh spinach leaves (optional, note 1)
200 g finely chopped vegan chocolate or chocolate chip cookies
3 tsp of @coconutgreens powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon any good quality salt
IF using fresh mint and spinach leaves:
Add ½ cup (120g) of the whipping cream, all the mint and spinach leaves to a tall jug with the Coconut Greens powder.
Blend using a stick blender until the mixture is as fine as possible and there are no chunks of leaves.
- If desired, sieve the green creamy mixture into a bowl, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Discard the remaining pulp. Alternatively, use the creamy green mixture with the pulp
- Add all of the condensed milk to the remaining green paste. Add vanilla extract and salt if desired. Mix until well combined.
IF using peppermint extract
- Add the peppermint extract and green food colouring and @coconutgreens powder directly to your can of condensed milk. If using, add vanilla extract and salt too. Mix until well combined.
To make the vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Add the dairy free whipping cream (or thick coconut cream) to a large bowl or stand mixer. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk mixture to the whipped cream. Use a spatula to gently fold together the ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chip cookies to the bowl and fold until combined.
- Pour or scoop the mint ice cream into a freezer-safe tin or container. We use a loaf tin. Top the ice cream with the remaining chocolate chip cookies.
- Cover the ice cream and freeze for 4 hours or until firm to the touch.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The ice cream can usually be enjoyed straight from the freezer. However, if the ice cream is too firm, defrost for 10 minutes at room temperature until scoopable
Store the ice cream covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks
- 👉🏼 See REEL on Insta @coconutgreens
- Thank you for this gut healthy recipe @nourishinglydelicious